KHOP @ 95-1’s “Worry-Free Wedding Giveaway” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KHOP (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio LLC, 3127 Transworld Dr. Suite 270, Stockton, CA 95206, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KHOP @ 95-1 “Worry-Free Wedding Giveaway” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry, unmarried, that can be legally married in the state of California, with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01am PT on December 30, 2019 and will run through approximately 3:00pm PT on January 26, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(i) Online: Visit the Station’s website www.khop.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Worry-Free Wedding Giveaway” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PT on January 19, 2020 to be eligible for the drawing to be a Contest finalist. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. On or about 10:00am PT on January 20, 2020, Station will select ten (10) entries in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station from December 30, 2019 to January 19, 2020 to move on to the voting portion of the Contest. At 12:00am PT on January 21, 2020, the ten (10) finalists will be posted on KHOP.com. Each finalist will be assigned a keyword that listeners can use to vote for them by texting the keyword to 62582. Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the voter. By voting in this Contest, you consent to the receipt of a bounce-back confirmation text. Limit one (1) vote per person per phone number. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) vote by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest. All votes must be received by 11:59pm PT on January 23, 2019. The three (3) finalists with the most votes will be contacted on January 24, 2020 and will be invited to the International Wedding Festival held on Sunday, January 26, 2020 at the Modesto Centre Plaza (1000 L St., Modesto, CA 95354) to compete on stage in the finale. The finalists will be required to check in with Station using a valid government issued ID at 2:00pm PT, and the finale will begin at approximately 3:00pm PT. The entrant and the entrant’s fiancé must be present at the finale to win. At the finale, each finalist couple will each be assigned a different number from one (1) to three (3). Ping pong balls with corresponding numbers will be placed in a box. A Station or International Wedding Festival representative will draw ping pongs balls one (1) at a time out of the box. When a couple’s number is pulled, that couple will choose one (1) of three (3) identical ring boxes and stand behind it. This will continue until each couple has a ring box. Once each couple has a ring box, the Station will instruct the couples to open the boxes one (1) couple at a time. The couple whose ring box contains a ring will win the Grand Prize (as defined below) subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules. Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within two (2) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a wedding to take place on August 9, 2020 at the Del Rio Vista Gardens that includes the following: ceremony, reception and Catering Service for fifty (50) people(ARV Six Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($6,500)), one (1) ring from Ciccarelli Jewelers (ARV Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000)), six (6) hours of DJ service from Kings of Entertainment (ARV One Thousand Two Hundred Dollars ($1,200)), ceremony flowers from Yonan’s Floral (ARV Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($750)), gift certificate for wedding gown from the International Wedding Festival (ARV One Hundred Dollars ($100)), seven (7) tuxedo rentals from Men’s Warehouse (ARV One Thousand Fifty Dollars ($1,050)), photography package from Carolyn Welch Photography (ARV Three Thousand Three Hundred Fifty Dollars ($3,350)), videography from Endearing Films (one (1) videographer, five to twelve (5-12) minute documentary film) (ARV Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500)), officiant services from Minister on Wheels (ARV Two Hundred Twenty Five Dollars ($225)), wedding cake from Sunrise Bakery (ARV Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250)), honeymoon getaway to Black Oak Casino Resort (19400 Tuolumne Rd. N, Tuolumne, CA 95379) (ARV Seven Hundred Dollars ($700)), full service wedding planning from Lori Cole Events (ARV Three Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars ($3,700)). TOTAL ARV Twenty Five Thousand Three Hundred Twenty Five Dollars ($25,325). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Forfeiture of Prize or Services: All services associated with the Grand Prize are reserved solely for the date of August 9, 2020. If the Grand Prize winner declines or changes the August 9, 2020 date for the wedding service, they risk forfeiting all or part of the Grand Prize package listed above at the sole discretion of Kimberly Vaughn Enterprises, LLC / International Wedding Festival and/or the service providers listed in Section 6.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Radio LLC., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station is not responsible for disruptions in internet, cell service, or human error that may result in incomplete entries/votes, than may result in entries/votes not being received by the station. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio LLC, KHOP 3127 Transworld Dr. Suite 270 Stockton, CA 95206
Prize Provider: Kimberly Vaughn Enterprises, LLC / International Wedding Festival – 802 14th St., Modesto, CA 95354